Duplication of effort? AbiWord Translations on Ubuntu/Rosetta

From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 19:52:42 CEST

Hello all!

A quick status update - together with Uwog and Luca, I'm working to get
you a Windows development release with grammar and abimathview
enabled.... but this email is about something else.

I logged into Ubuntu's Launchpad today to try to figure out why I
couldn't edit their wiki, and decided to poke around a bit. I noticed
that there's an entry for AbiWord in Rosetta, their online translating
app. From what I could see, it looks like some people are duplicating
effort and starting translations/localizations from scratch, in at least
some languages we already have translations for.

I couldn't do anything to change it or import our translations as is,
from what I could see, because I didn't have privileges to manage
AbiWord there. However, if this really is the duplication of effort
that I think it is, it would probably be a good idea if a "higher-up"
contacts them and either imports our translations or removes the project
from Rosetta somehow.

I may be completely mistaken about this, but I didn't want a potential
issue to go un-noticed.

Ryan