Re: grammar checker

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Tue Aug 30 2005 - 02:54:07 CEST

On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 20:43 -0400, j Mak wrote:

> --- Francis James Franklin
> <postmaster@alinameridon.plus.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm not really sure what you've tried, but you need
> > to have
> > link-grammar installed before you try to configure
> > abiword-plugins,
> > otherwise you should get the following message at
> > the end of running
> > configure: "Link Grammar: error - link-grammar >=
> > 4.1.1 required".
> >
> > So, if you have now installed link-grammar, please
> > re-configure
> > abiword-plugins and look for the message "Link
> > Grammar: okay" at the
> > end. Then "make install" should do the rest.
> >
> > If all the above is completely obvious to you and
> > something else is
> > going wrong, then please ensure that you are using
> > plugin source that
> > matches the abiword source, and that both are
> > installed to the same
> > prefix.
> >
> > If so... I need more details.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions.
> I did what you said. I compiled linkgrammar then
> reconfigured and reinstalled the plug ins. At the end
> of the configuration file indeed the ´Link Grammar:
> okayˇ message appeared. After installation tons of
> plug ins appeared in my plugin window. But I don't see
> any grammar checker anywhere. I am not even sure what
> to look for. I just keep typing incorrect sentences to
> see that there is something out there that fixes these
> errors. But it doesn't seem to. The spell checker
> works correctly but neither grammar checker nor
> thesaurus appear anywhere in the Tools menu.

You can tell it it loaded by going to the "tools"->"plugins" menu item.

If it loaded you will be "AbiGrammar" listed among the plugins.

If it's not there it didn;t load for some reason.

You enable grammar checking by going to "Edit"->"preferences" then click
on the spell checking pane.

There is a check box for "Check grammar as you type"

Make sure it is selected for grammar checking to work.