Re: Plugin putting an icon on the toolbar

From: Steve D. Perkins <lists_at_steveperkins.net>
Date: Tue Aug 30 2005 - 03:08:46 CEST

Dom Lachowicz wrote:

>Martin's quite right, of course. It shouldn't be too
>difficult, though, to create a checkbox menu item to
>achieve the same effect. There's sufficient sample
>code and know-how to do that, and the UI impact isn't
>too dissimilar.
>
>Best,
>Dom

    I'm fine with using a custom pull-down menu with checkbox toggle
item as an interim step until the toolbar stuff is smoothed out in 2.6
or whenever. However, I really haven't seen any plugin code making use
of THAT functionality to look over. I looked at the menu items built-in
to the core product, but they all seem to go through the .po files for
retrieving their text strings... and I assume editing those won't be an
option for a plugin. Does anyone have any sample code of a plugin
creating its own menu?