Re: OpenDocument plugin for AbiWord is "finished"!

From: Alan Horkan <horkana_at_maths.tcd.ie>
Date: Mon Dec 19 2005 - 15:32:31 CET

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, [ISO-8859-1] Daniel d'Andrada Tenório de Carvalho wrote:

> Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:10:27 -0300
> From: "[ISO-8859-1] Daniel d'Andrada Tenório de Carvalho"
> <daniel.carvalho@indt.org.br>
> To: abiword-dev <abiword-dev@abisource.com>
> Subject: OpenDocument plugin for AbiWord is "finished"!
>

> Hi all,
>
> This should be my last week of work on this project, although I will

Thank you for this Christmas gift!

I was just saying how Maemo Word was one of the most interesting things to
happen to Abiword and it is great that you were willing to work directly
on abiword.

> continue to support it fixing the bugs that are likely to appear over
> time (as it gets tested by users).

(puppies are not just for christmas)

> Both exporter and importer sides have all features implemented, but I'm
> far from stating that they are really finished. After all, what piece of
> software ever gets finished? :-)

TeX

TeX is the exception to prove the rule, and Knuth was confident enough in
his work to pay out to anyone who found any bugs. There are extremely few
software projects which can claim to be finished (as oppossed to just dead
which is quite different).

> It was great to get involved with the AbiWord community. Thanks all of
> you guys!

Always a pleasure to have people interested in improving abiword. Good
luck with your next project (OpenDocument for Gnumeric?) and thanks again.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan