SVN migration

From: Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere_at_teaser.fr>
Date: Wed Dec 21 2005 - 21:31:37 CET

Hi,

following and IRC discussion, I would like to bring back the subversion
migration on the table.

Why would we want to do that?
-----------------------------

Subversion address most concerns that CVS has like moving files, metadata,
atomic commits.
Subversion is easy to learn when you know CVS and has good support on every
platforms.
Subversion makes branches easy to manage.

CVS -> SVN migration is fully supported and has been done on several occasion
by several projects, including Vidoelan, KDE, etc.

Do we need it ?

Yes. We want to reorganize the tree and without losing history.... and I wish
we would handle branches in a better way.

Dom, Marc and I agree.
Any comments?

Hub