Re: SVN migration

From: Alan Horkan <horkana_at_maths.tcd.ie>
Date: Thu Dec 22 2005 - 02:46:45 CET

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Hubert Figuiere wrote:

> Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 15:31:37 -0500
> From: Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere@teaser.fr>
> To: abiword-dev@abisource.com
> Subject: SVN migration
>

> Hi,
>
> following and IRC discussion, I would like to bring back the subversion
> migration on the table.
>
> Why would we want to do that?
> -----------------------------
>
> Subversion address most concerns that CVS has like moving files, metadata,
> atomic commits.
> Subversion is easy to learn when you know CVS and has good support on every
> platforms.

First I dont disagree at all that SVN would be a good idea.

Can you put up a gateway or something like that so those who know the
basics of CVS dont need to learn the differences for the simple things?

I've learnt SVN but the clients provided are a bit buggy and the local
admins don't update often and I'd like to keep my options open.

- Alan