Re: Countdown to branch?

From: Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere_at_teaser.fr>
Date: Sun Jan 02 2005 - 18:11:21 CET

J.M. Maurer wrote:
> so, in short (I didn't see a -b option in your list):
>
> cvs tag BRANCHNAME_branchpoint <modules>
> cvs tag -b BRANCHNAME_branchpoint <modules>
> cvs rtag -rBRANCHNAME_branchpoint BRANCHNAME <modules>

Not exaclty.
You tag, then branch at that tag

cvs tag BRANCHNAME_branchpoint
but since it is not conveniant because you have to got with each module,
use rtag with the risk implied (tell people to not commmit first)

To sum up:

Tag the tree for the branchpoint
$ cvs rtag BRANCHNAME_branchpoint <modules>

Then branch at that tag.
$ cvs rtag -b -rBRANCHNAME_branchpoint BRANCHNAME <modules>

I may have mis-typed something and I apologize

> The module list will look like:
>
> abi
> abidistfiles
> abiword-docs
> abiword-plugins
> MSVC6
> MSVC71
> wv
>
> Do I need to branch any osx related modules as well ?

abipbx module will make FJF happy. Sure you need to branch them.
abipbx includes at least abi wv

Hub