Re: Commit (HEAD): Install in AbiWord-2.4, and bump version nr

From: Jordi Mas <jmas_at_softcatala.org>
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 10:21:38 CET

En/na Ryan Pavlik ha escrit:

> AbiWord 2.0 and 2.2 both install to Program Files\AbiSuite2 on Windows.
> Is there a chance we can get an AbiSuite2.4 directory or similar for
> 2.4, or do we want to overwrite old (2.0.x, 2.2.x) versions?

Average user downloads a program (e.g: v2.0) and then upgrades it. By default
he will expect to be installed in the same directory.

A regular user has no interest in keeping different revisions of the same
software. I personally hate when I end up with three versions of the same
program in different installations.

My recommendation is to be AbiSuite2 directory as default directory if it
possible.

Regards,

Jordi,

--