Re: commit: Start of Math support in HEAD + Math Plan for 2.4

From: Jean Bréfort <jean.brefort_at_normalesup.org>
Date: Fri Jan 07 2005 - 11:48:26 CET

Le jeudi 06 janvier 2005 à 21:30 +0100, J.M. Maurer a écrit :
> > Or create the API on an as-needs basis. Essentially that's almost what
> > is happening now anyway, just the API has lots of 'math' names rather
> > than more generic ones. It's a bit of an ad-hoc approach, but it's not
> > an unreasonable assumption that the Maths plug-in will not have
> > dissimilar needs of some (if not most) other embedded content plug-ins.
>
> If it works out well, I'll try to generalize it in the future when there
> is a need. Shouldn' t be too hard.

I would like to embed some chemistry in abiword (I already sent a
message about that some times ago).
I do not think that I need a specific plugin in abiword since chemistry
will not be needed by so many people. IMHO, abiword should be able to
embed data from external programs (this might be implemented as a
plugin). What should be decided before starting coding is what mechanism
should be used. I remember some discussions on the gnome-office list
about that last year.
I volunteer to help coding this.

Regards,

Jean