Re: Generic Embeddable plugins.

From: Charles Goodwin <charlie_at_vexi.org>
Date: Tue Jan 11 2005 - 10:26:00 CET

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 08:34 +0000, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
> (2) Provide a preference that would allow the user to force PNG or JPG
> snapshots for everything in the document. This way if you sent a doc
> with a formula and I complain it has no formulas in it (no SVG plugin)
> you will be able to make me a usable one.

Are you sure that isn't a bit of a hack?

Surely it can't be that difficult for somebody to download the SVG
plug-in rather than mutilating the document. That's what plug-ins are
for... plus I imagine the SVG plug-in would be bundled as one of the
default AbiWord plug-ins.

If you're going to argue about document portability, then surely in that
case you'd be turning your document into a PDF.

--
- Charlie
Charles Goodwin <charlie@vexi.org>