Re: Generic Embeddable plugins.

From: Francis James Franklin <postmaster_at_alinameridon.plus.com>
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 08:34:33 CET

Hi,

If we are going to support SVG then we should really also support JPEG
since the SVG standard, iirc, allows for embedded PNG & JPEG images.

On 11 Jan 2005, at 10:42, Jean Bréfort wrote:
> For XML data, the appropriate plugin might be determined using XML
> namespaces.

I don't like this.

Technically all namespaces in a document should be defined in the DTD
(not that Abi's DTD is anywhere near up-to-date).

My real objection is that it's Abi that would be responsible for
parsing & creating the embedded XML, which although possible is
technically awkward.

Far better, imho, to store all generic embedded data as base-64 encoded
data along with the name of the responsible plugin, a mime-type, and a
base-64 encoded image preview.

Regards, Frank