Re: Generic Embeddable plugins.

From: Robert Staudinger <robsta_at_stereolyzer.net>
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 20:04:00 CET

Hi Martin,

presuming that the embeddable objects support "text-wrapping":
Could parts of this work be re-used on the abi-side to make tables
"first class citizens" wrt wrapping text around them?

I know this is already possible by putting the table in a text box, but
it would be nice to have a common base for all "objects" in Abiword.
This should make it easier at some point in the future to add e.g.
captions to the objects.

We could also think about a generic properties dialog - provided by
abiword - that would allow the manipulation of borders and margins (and
maybe a caption in the future). Further ahead plugins might even be able
to add their own notebook-pages to the properties dialog. I think
nautilus does something like that already.

Thanks,
Rob

Am Dienstag, den 11.01.2005, 14:16 +1100 schrieb
msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au:
> Hi Folks,
> I've taken the comments of people asking for a generic
> embeddable API on-board and now propose the following.
>
> The idea is to have a generic XP class with a well defined API with
> default implementations. Plugins are subclasses of this class which
> overide the default implementations.
>
> OK here is the header file for the base class:
[...]