Re: Generic Embeddable plugins.

From: J.M. Maurer <j.m.maurer_at_student.utwente.nl>
Date: Sat Jan 15 2005 - 01:25:44 CET

> > Anyway, I think this discussion would be a lot clearer if the definition
> > of "embedding" was stated, as I think martin has a totally different
> > idea of what he wants to achieve than, say, Dom and Juan.
> >

> My vision is very simple. An external library can draw into the abiword
> canvas and keep it's representation in the abiword document.

[snip]

OK, You are indeed talking about my "1)" case then: creating a framework
to allow (currently unknown) plugins to integrate into Abi (which is
very nice to have).

The "2)" case, generic object (OLE/KPart/UNO) embedding, is a totally
different issue. We should move that to another thread then.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Marc