Re: commit (head): toward fixing 8130

From: Tomas Frydrych <tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon Jan 17 2005 - 09:40:32 CET

Hi Robert,

> - IMHO it's better to offer both "apply to paragraph" / "apply to
> document" and not assume that the user knows the default.

The language setting gets applied to selection, and in this regard it
functions like any other formatting operation in AW. If the checkbox is
checked, it also changes the document property lang, so making the
language default in the absence of explict language markup. Checking
this box does *not* apply apply the language to the whole document,
hence, the string 'apply $LANG to the whole document' in the attached
screen shot is very misleading (if you want to apply the language to the
whole document, you need to select the whole document).

I am not sure about the benefits of having an additional 'apply to
paragraph' option, particularly as it would create a behaviour that
differs from how fmt is generally applied in AW.

Tomas