Re: commit (head): toward fixing 8130

From: Robert Staudinger <robsta_at_stereolyzer.net>
Date: Sat Jan 15 2005 - 20:57:39 CET

Am Dienstag, den 14.12.2004, 19:03 +0000 schrieb Tomas Frydrych:
> The xp and win32 changes for 8130. On other platforms you need to add
> the static text and checkbox below the tree in the attached screen shot.
>
> The text for the static control is retrieved via
> getDocDefaultLangDescription() and the label for the chkbox by
> getDocDefaultLangCheckboxLabel(). Use setMakeDocumentDefault() to
> respond to user clicking on the check box.

Hi,

i'm appending my proposed dlg layout for fixing this on gtk, following
the HIG as closely as possible (for me).

How should this work:
- The current language should be within the visible region when the
dialog is opened.
- $LANG should display the selected language
- The dlg should use auto-apply.
- Only "top-level" languages should be displayed by default. The entries
should be expansible to facilitate selection of countries. Not entirely
sure about that but think it would be better since the list is not as
crowded.
- IMHO it's better to offer both "apply to paragraph" / "apply to
document" and not assume that the user knows the default.

Disclaimer:
Hereby i would by no means like to argue that the other platforms should
follow this suggestion as well.

Questions:
- How can i add strings to abi?

Thanks,