Re: commit (head): toward fixing 8130

From: Tomas Frydrych <tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon Jan 17 2005 - 13:23:53 CET

Hi Rob,

> I see your point. The major difference still is that the language
> setting
> - is not visible to the user (at least not obviously)

It is visible for the current selection, because that is what gets
pre-selected in the dialogue.

It is not visible for the document default, that is a good point. The
easiest way to fix it is for the string next to the check box to include
the current setting, something like

'make this the default language for document (currently English, US)'.

> - it's not located in the Format menu with all the other commands that
> behave alike.
>
> Abi's tools offer a very broad range of functionality (that's at least
> how i'm conceiving it), therefore i'd still stick to my argumentation
> and not assume any default behaviour in that particular case.

I am not sure I understand you correctly, but there is no default
setting for this in the dialogue. By default the check is unchecked, and
that results in nothing being done with the document property.

Tomas