Re: comit: ABI_MATH Luca's crash in gr_Abi_MathView

From: Luca Padovani <lpadovan_at_cs.unibo.it>
Date: Mon Jan 17 2005 - 18:34:37 CET

* explicit unrefs not necessary if the smart pointers are used
CVS:
CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS: Tag: ABIMATH
CVS: src/af/math/xp/gr_Abi_MathManager.cpp
CVS: src/wp/main/cocoa/bundle/Info.plist
CVS:

Martin,

there were some problems in the gr_Abi_MathManager.cpp file: you don't
need to do explicit ref/unrefs if you always use smart pointers. If you
do explicit unrefs, the risk is that you deallocate an object twice.

I've patched gr_Abi_MathManager.cpp in order to fix this (the code can
be polished another bit, but I preferred to change it as little as
possible at this stage)

Abiword still crashes on exit. According to gdb and valgrind, the
problem seems to be

[Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 16021)]
0x083d2ae3 in fp_MathRun::getMathManager (this=0x8bb89c8) at
fp_MathRun.cpp:96
96 return getBlock()->getDocLayout()->getMathManager();
(gdb) bt

Is the MathManager properly allocated?

HTH,
--luca