Re: about telugu translation's

From: Daniel Glassey <danglassey-abi_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon Jan 24 2005 - 10:34:03 CET

bhuvan@prajasakti.com wrote:

> The problem is not with the translation or the .po file. The problem is
> with the rendering of indic fonts and telugu in particular. There is not
> support in rendering of telugu fonts. So even if we translate, though
> the look and feel is in telugu or indian languages we cant use it for
> telugu language. So we need the problem of rendering to be fixed for our
> language. Only then we can go ahead with the translation.

If there are rendering problems for translated text then it is a problem
with pango. AbiWord can't handle indic text documents because it doesn't
use pango (yet) to render them but the interface is normal gtk which
uses pango.

So, you should still be able to do the translation. Getting AbiWord to
use pango on the documents is a target for 2.4 so it would be good to
have the translation before that is ready.

Regards,
Daniel