Re: Commit: HTML exports charset

From: Dom Lachowicz <domlachowicz_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Jan 26 2005 - 14:25:41 CET

Hi FJF,

> Just wondering why this is necessary.

I'm not sure that it is, but it certainly isn't wrong
to do so. Someone had reported a bug that "french
characters" didn't display properly in some browsers.
I explictly set the encoding just to remove a possible
point of error on the part of the browser, so that the
XML encoding and the <meta content-encoding> explictly
match.

I think that my patch was stupid and should be
unecessary. It remains to be seen if it is indeed so.

Best,