Re: commit: PNG snapshots of MathML in no MathML plugin.

From: J.M. Maurer <j.m.maurer_at_student.utwente.nl>
Date: Sat Jan 29 2005 - 17:32:29 CET

Op zo, 30-01-2005 te 01:52 +1100, schreef
msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au:

> >> See attached file for an example.
> >>
> >> There are a couple of things that need fixing.
> >>
> >> 1. The snapshot doesn;t zoom correctly.
> >> 2. The Ascent/descent of the snapshot is wrong. Basically the descent is
> >> always zero.
> >
> > Hmm,
> >
> > - It crashes here. I have no mathview or mathview plugin on my system
> > whatsoever
> > - Will these docs with the png snapshot be viewable in Abi <= 2.2 ? That
> > would be quite desirable...
> >

> Not without a huge amount of backporting. You need CVS HEAD to view the docs.
>
> I'm pretty sure they'd crash anything but CVS HEAD but with a bit of work
> they'd prolly at least load in 2.2.

As the PNG snapshot is just an image, we should be able to come up with
_something_ to make it just appear as an image in 2.2 and below.

WordPerfect 6 can still read WP 12 documents just fine (Sure, it can't
display everything, but nothing will get lost either when saving the doc
in WP6). We should at least be able to open the '2.4 document' in older
abiword versions imo.

Bye!
  Marc