Re: commit: PNG snapshots of MathML in no MathML plugin.

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Sun Jan 30 2005 - 13:18:59 CET

> Le samedi 29 janvier 2005 Ã 23:15 +1100, msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au
> a écrit :
>
>> Jean try browsing the "tests" directory in gtkmathview. I find that
>> "action4.xml" has always worked if anything will work.
>
> It works in the tests directory, but not in the abi file. Seems there is
> a problem with the <maction> tag:
> [MathView] *** Warning[1:2]: no action specified for `maction' element
>
> If I remove the action4.xml inclusion, the math-snap.abw file is
> correctly loaded, and the fraction is displayed. Without the plugin
> installed, I see the two png snapshots.
>
> I have another concern: when the font size changes inside a paragraph,
> it seems that the characters are aligned according to their bottoms and
> not to their baselines; the same is true with 2.2. Is it a known bug?

The png shapshots do not respect the descent of the formula. I know
how to fix this (the math object will remember the descent) and am writing
the code to implement this.

The other obvious bug is that the png snapshots don't scale as you zoom
the document.

I'm also working to fix this.

I'm glad that someone else has verified the gtkmathview plugin works!