First patches for the OpenDocument plugin

From: Daniel d'Andrada Tenório de Carvalho <daniel.carvalho_at_indt.org.br>
Date: Mon Jul 04 2005 - 10:07:20 CEST

Hi guys,

I have reached the first milestone towards the OpendDocument plugin,
which is the following:

1 - Created a new plugin called OpenDocument:

    It is, in fact, the OpenWriter code without the .sxw part. The
classes have been renamed from *OpenWriter* to *OpenDocument*, some
(just a few) variables also renamed and I have stripped out every class
to a separate class.h/class.cpp pair.

2 - Added full support for meta data import

    I have started out with this because it is the most simple part of
the code. :-) From now on I will tackle the style and content parts.
    I saw that Abiword implements the entire Dublin Core meta data, but
the OpenDocument standard have only a subset of it (about half of those
dc:* metas) and adds meta data that have no counterpart on abiword. Most
of those were dealt without problems but some couldn't be done because
they have no content (stuff between start and end tags). They just
define a couple of properties inside their tags. Those are the following:

    * meta:template
    * meta:auto-reload
    * meta:hyperlink-behaviour
    * meta:document-statistic

3 - Removed the .odt support for the OpenWriter plugin.

    Now this plugin only takes care of sxw files. The only thing that
was done was removing .odt related stuff from the sniffer, so that
OpenWriter doesn't recognizes .odt files anymore. Besides that, the
entire code is intact. So, if you tells Abiword to open a .odt file
using the OpenWriter plugin he will still do that. :-)

Itens 1 and 2 are on the
abiword-plugins-OpenDocument-support-20050630.patch file.

Item 3 is on the
abiword-plugins-OpenWriter-no-OpenDocument-support-20050630.patch file.

Our plans from now on are to work first on the importer and later on the
exporter.

What do you guys think about all that stuff?

Best regards,
Daniel d'Andrada T. de Carvalho - INdT