Re: 2.4 timetable

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 04:49:55 CEST

> On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 10:06 +1000, msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:
>
>> OK well is there any point in waiting for OSX to get fixed or should we
>> do
>> what we did for 2.2 and tell our users OSX is pending?
>
> <marketing>
> Make you product suck if you don't want to have users.
> </marketing>
>
> What will it cost us to wait a bit more and fix more bugs ?
>
> Probably much less than just release it because we want.
>
> If you really want to do that, fine. But I would have told you.

Well we definately want our product to suck less. I guess my point about
OSX is that it actually needs to get fixed. I guess I'd like to know
whether it will get fixed within one or six months. If it's six months I
think it's not worth holding the 2.4.

Regarding Ryan's point about OSX users being second class citizens, to
some extent that is true. If developers don't emerge from their community
to fix OSX then the OSX community suffers.

Martin