Re: First patches for the OpenDocument plugin

From: Rodrigo Parra Novo <rodrigo.novo_at_indt.org.br>
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 21:14:43 CEST

    Jody,

Jody Goldberg wrote:
> Would it be possible to put the meta data parser into libgoffice or
> libgsf so that it can be shared with gnumeric ? We already have an
> MS OLE2 metadata import/exporter in there with what was intended to
> be a generic metadata storage facility.

    (speaking on behalf of INdT)

    as you (possibly) know, we (INdT) are working on OpenDocument
support on both Gnumeric and AbiWord.

    Right now, we are working on the two projects basically isolated one
from the other. But one of the main goals we have (besides OpenDocument
support itself) is to have AbiWord and Gnumeric to share as much of the
OpenDocument filter as possible. (considering libgoffice is/will be used
by both)

    (as I'm a newbie WRT AbiWord, I'm a bit worried to ask this, but
here we go :) ) To the AbiWord developers: how much code of libgoffice
do you expect to share with Gnumeric? Are there any plans to mix (parts
of?) the filter code?

    Best regards,

    Rodrigo