Re: 2.4 timetable

From: Mark Gilbert <mg_abimail_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 22:53:01 CEST

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 08:55 +0100, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
> On the other hand there only something like 20 critical+ P1 & P2 bugs,

Sorry, I think I forgot some other numbers I wanted to put in.

Not counting plugins, or ancillaries, or lower priority bugs, or lower
severity bugs, or 2-2-only bugs, or bugs assigned to bugs-owner, or bugs
assigned to triage - IOW, not counting bugs that most of us would
readily retarget - and only counting bugs targetted for 2.4, that's
still 217.

Again, I'm not asking that every one of those 217 necessarily be fixed
before release, only that a clear rationale be established and reflected
in bugzilla, so that we can have much more fluid communications between
the QA and the coders than we've been having. By having these decisions
and bugzilla mutually reflect one another, there needn't be so much time
and hot air spent testing ball density to determine the timing of every
bloody release.

-MG

--
Bugzilla - Arbitrating disputes between QA and coders since 1969,
bringing us a huge step closer to world peace, and working closely with