Re: abiword-2.2.8 portability patches

From: Kenneth J. Davis <PerditionC_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Tue Jul 12 2005 - 19:42:55 CEST

Albert Chin wrote:
> We just finished building abiword-2.2.8 on Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Tru64
> UNIX, and Redhat Linux. We have a few portability patches to submit,
> attached below.
>
> 1. [abi/ac-helpers/abi-iconv.m4,
> abi/src/af/util/xp/ut_iconv.cpp]
> The ICONV_CONST #define hack in abi/src/af/util/xp/ut_iconv.cpp is
> indeed ugly. So, we did it right by correctly determining what the
> correct 2nd argument to iconv() is via autoconf.
That can only be considered right if one builds using autoconf, and
everyone who builds Abi does not! I have not actually applied the patch
locally to test, but from looking at it, I do not see where you define
ICONV_CONST for non-auto builds. Or put another way, this should not be
applied without ensuring the alternate build systems are not broke by
doing so.

Much appreciated,
Jeremy