document history feature

From: Stefan Ihringer <stefan.ihringer_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri Jul 22 2005 - 19:51:51 CEST

Hello,

Could someone please give me a short overview of how the document history
works in Abiword? In order to properly translate those strings I'd like to
understand the feature first. What exactly does "maintain full history" do
when I toggle it? Because even when I turn it off, there are still
multiple versions in the document history dialog. Reverting to an older
one doesn't seem to change anything (do I just not get it or is this
feature still in development? :-) )

Moreover, "show document after revisions" and "show document after
previous revisions" doesn't seem to change anything (a check mark is
always next to the latter item). What's the difference anyways? I've
checked the online help but couldn't find anything about those features
(except for a notice that revisions aren't usable yet).

thanks for enlightening me
Stefan