Re: First itteration of release notes for 2.4

From: Alan Horkan <horkana_at_maths.tcd.ie>
Date: Fri Jul 29 2005 - 18:17:00 CEST

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Martin Sevior wrote:

> Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 12:10:28 +1000
> From: Martin Sevior <msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au>
> To: abiword-dev <abiword-dev@abisource.com>
> Subject: First itteration of release notes for 2.4
>

> Hi everyone,
> Here is the first draft of the new features in AbiWord-2.4
>
> Please add features I've mixed. We'll try to put together a change log
> listing all that everyone has done for 2.4
>
> Cheers
>
> Martin

> Main Features in AbiWord-2.4

> 1. On-the-fly Grammar Checking via link-grammar (unix only). We
> mark suspect sentences near where the grammar is incorrect.

> 10. Much
> 11. Much
> 12. Much
> 13. Much

I'd leave out the word "Much" as it is a little bit subjective.
(Disgruntled user like me will probably get annoyed if their favour bug
has not been fixed. It is lashing rain and I'm having a bit of a
disgruntled week.)

Everything else is a very modest and understated list of what has been
achieved.

Although you do make fairly clear the grammar checker only marks full
sentences as possibly incorrect it might be worth noting this is a work in
progress or saying something similar so users do not have unrealistic
expectations about what it will do (but I'm sure some users will expect
it to be perfect no matter
what you do).

- Alan