2.4 timetable

From: Tomas Frydrych <tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed Jun 01 2005 - 08:38:38 CEST

Hi everyone,

We have made not bad progress during the last month, but not enough to
stick to the original release date at the end of June. After quizzing
our QA Manager on the state of matters last night, I think we have to
push the release date back to July 15. (I would really hate if have to
push it any further, but we will do what is necessary to get a decent
application out there.)

The following issues are outstanding:

1. Regressions from 2.2
There are number of them and they have to go before 2.4.

2. Reproducible crashes (and hangs)
Again, there are a few of these. The 2.2 series has been pretty stable,
and we need to at least retain that level of stability, if not improve
on it.

3. Redraw and clear-screen issues
There are number of these, both on windows and *unix. They become
particularly clear when you use tables (especially when not using same
background colour for the entire table), and frames.

Tomas