Re: Commit (HEAD): 8996, extension override for command line conversions

From: <sum1_lists_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Jun 07 2005 - 10:50:55 CEST

Tomas Frydrych wrote:

> This is not a bug fix but an enhancement and I really would have
> preferred for this to have been left after the 2.4 release.
>
> Tomas

Just to clarify, I didn't approve the patch; I just committed it as a
favor. I do, however, find it strange that this commit got singled out
when there's been recent talk about merging Maemo code into the tree,
talk about adding an AbiWidget peer -- not to mention the AbiWidget work
itself -- GTK toolbar changes, main menu customization work, added
support for autopackage, etc. all after feature freeze.

I realize that some of those (proposed) changes are fairly
self-contained, but all are enhancements and therefore probably should
not have been committed after mid-April. This change is not nearly as
far-reaching or entailed as a new port, and would've been committed
anyway (sans the win32 build fix), but if a revert is truly desired,
I'll take care of it.