Re: SK localization extra for Mac OS X

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jun 13 2005 - 12:08:30 CEST

On 6/13/05, Rudolf Gavlas <rudo.ba@pobox.sk> wrote:
> Hi, is possible to update Slovak localization ("sk-SK.strings") extra for Mac OS X version of AbiWord? Current version in package is old and uncomplete (52 KB), contain some mistakes and above all non-optimalized strings (lenght) for specific Mac GUI. Next, there are some differences in translations for Mac in my language too.
>
> My new version (in attachment) is based on en-CA.strings (contain more strings), its size is 92 KB and is tested and optimalized for Mac OS X version of AbiWord 2.2.7 and 2.2.8.
>
> I don't mean to complicate CVS with localizations, my version is for use on OS X-version only. I have no problem test and update this file in future too.

Thanks a lot for your hard work.
Unfortunately a few days ago we changed the way translations work. The
strings file is only used internally, translators have to work with
so-called .po files. It is a very simple format, the big advantage is
that a lot of other open source software projects use it. So it's
easier to work together.
More information can be found here:
http://www.abisource.com/contribute/translate/

It would be really nice if you could copy your translated strings over
into the .po file. You can download the template (containing the
current translation) from the above link.

Thanks again for contributing!
- Rob