Re: SK localization extra for Mac OS X

From: Francis James Franklin <postmaster_at_alinameridon.plus.com>
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 21:39:21 CEST

Hi,

Thanks for the work, Rudolf.

2 Questions:
- Are you shortening some expressions to make them fit in dialog boxes?
If so, which?
- Where do you need Mac-specific translations?

Providing a Mac-specific translation is possible, but I don't know how
advisable. Also, it would need to be installed inside the AbiWord.app
bundle, which isn't very easy for the casual user.

For the record, the relevant code is in ap_CocoaApp.mm:

             NSString* resources = [[NSBundle mainBundle] resourcePath];
             NSString* stringSet = [resources
stringByAppendingPathComponent:[NSString
stringWithFormat:@"AbiWord/strings/%s%@",szStringSet,@".str\
ings"]];

(okay, yes, "eek")

It would be relatively straightforward, I think, to change this to
check for strings files first in user and system locations, but I
really don't think it's a good idea.

Frank