Re: Wiki

From: J.M. Maurer <j.m.maurer_at_student.utwente.nl>
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 20:19:41 CET

Op wo, 02-03-2005 te 13:28 -0500, schreef Birch Knutson:
>Hi, I'm Birch Knutson. You might remember my name from recent minor
>RTF export bugfixes.

Remember you? We Love you! <hug>

> First a bit of introduction: I'm a novice
>programmer (it's not a part of my day job), and am only interested in
>fixing things, not adding new features. When I use Abiword, it's not
>a lack of features that bothers me, it's the bugs.

Seeing our bug count, there is plenty of work to do for you :-)

>The main purpose of this message is to lobby for a better wiki (Mr.
>Maurer mentioned this on this list a few days ago). I would love to
>be able to contribute to a page on "How the piecetable works" once I
>understand it, or other documentation. The current wiki software is
>truly awful. MediaWiki (http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/) seems to
>be the trendy choice right now, but if that's overkill, something like
>what Inkscape (http://inkscape.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl) uses would be
>nice. I don't have a clue how to install something like that, but I
>would help fill it.

I'll look into it tonight. A lot of people mailed me with the mediawiki
suggestion (i'm a Wiki-N00b). I'll try to make a transition as soon as
possible (don't know how hard it will be to transition all the current
data).

Soon more (i hope)!
  Marc