Re: commit: abi (BOTH): CocoaPlugin document methods

From: Francis James Franklin <postmaster_at_alinameridon.plus.com>
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 08:38:21 CET

On 4 Mar 2005, at 00:42, J.M. Maurer wrote:
> Op do, 03-03-2005 te 23:02 +0000, schreef Francis James Franklin:
>> o CocoaPlugin: document methods to (a) select a word, and (b) insert
>> text
>
> A) why do we need this B) cocoa only?

Hi,

You will have seen a lot of commits from me lately mentioning
"CocoaPlugin" which is an attempt by me to create a simple, pure-Cocoa
(i.e., pure-Objective-C) API which plugins can use.

This API is defined in xap_CocoaPlugin.h and is implemented in
xap_CocoaPlugin.mm and ap_CocoaPlugin.mm/h. There is some doxygen
documentation:

http://www.abisource.com/doxygen/xap__CocoaPlugin_8h.html

The document methods added yesterday (selectWord: and insertText:)
implement the actions that Abi's traditional Aiksaurus plugin takes to
(a) get the word to look up, and (b) insert a replacement.

The result: As of 2.2.6, people will be able to download an
AiksaurusCocoa plugin for AbiWord.

Regards, Frank

AiksaurusCocoa.png