Re: Patch (ENCHANT): Autopackage support

From: Petr Tomasek <tomasek_at_etf.cuni.cz>
Date: Sat Mar 05 2005 - 14:23:13 CET

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 12:53:19PM +0100, Robert Staudinger wrote:

> Am Samstag, den 05.03.2005, 09:34 +0100 schrieb Petr Tomasek:
> > On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 12:18:43AM +0100, Robert Staudinger wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I hacked autopackage support for enchant CVS.
> > > See attached patch.
> > > It works well over here but there might of course be problems because i
> > > didn't study the intrinsics of enchant in great detail.
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > - Rob
> >
> > I hope, this doesn't mean, that abiword will not be
> > available as normal packages (rpm's, deb's).. :-o
>
> Every linux, bsd or whatever distribution is of course free to ship
> abiword and related packages in their own package format.
>
> - Rob

But this would mean, that it will not be available from the official
abiword site and not be oficially supported, and will be delayed
after the official release.

Well, I think, that the idea of autopackage is crapy, since
it just trashes the system instead of doing thinks in a clean
way like the native packaging system does.

:(((

--
Petr Tomasek <http://www.etf.cuni.cz/~tomasek>