Re: Patch (ENCHANT): Autopackage support

From: J.M. Maurer <j.m.maurer_at_student.utwente.nl>
Date: Sat Mar 05 2005 - 16:28:20 CET

Op za, 05-03-2005 te 15:20 +0100, schreef Petr Tomasek:

>> This really isn't the place to complain about Autopackage.
>> Rob has done some great work that provides the developers another option
>> of how to package Abiword. If autopackage lives up to its promise it will
>> allow the Abiword developers the option of creating less distribution
>> specific packages but if people still wish to create native packages
>> they still can.
>
>I'm not complaining about autopackage, I just fear, that
>there will be no more official 'native' abiword packages
>(i.e. users would have to wait for 3rd parties to create
>the packages).
>About this I would certainly complain...
>
>BTW, if

I'll keep maintaining the *.rpm packages as usual. When I have commit
access to Fedora's CVS, then I'll maintain them there instead of on our
site. (no need to have 2 locations for people to download from).

Until then, nothing will change, and the autopackage will not replace
anything. Just add another option.

Marc