Re: Commit: fix typos + menu suggestions (was Re: commit: Implement Text to Table...)

From: <sum1_lists_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Mar 09 2005 - 06:37:51 CET

--- Martin Sevior <msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au>
wrote:

> Hi sum1,
> Thanks very much for the spelling fix. I'm
> extremely open to
> suggestions for improved wording. I'm not stuck on
> any particular phrase,
> I remember that MS Word used the list of things to
> split on and thought
> that would be easiest for average people to
> understand.
>
> If you want to change "," => comma go ahead!

I actually tried thinking of better menu entries, but
I had trouble so I thought maybe someone else on the
list would have an idea :). Word 2003 uses a
text-to-table dialog with a label that says "separate
text at" and then some radio buttons for the
delimiter. Maybe "Split text at spaces, commas, or
tabs" and "Split text at commas or tabs" would be better?

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!