Re: pango

From: Dom Lachowicz <domlachowicz_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Mar 18 2005 - 19:03:28 CET

Owen is a fantastic guy and I respect him a lot, but
suggesting this is nothing more than a pipe dream. It
is unlikely that we'll get what we want out of Pango
in the short term. It's unlikely that we want to make
AbiWord depend on CVS HEAD Pango. It's further
unlikely that Owen will do the work himself, being the
uber-busy fellow that he is. So we'll end up doing the
work anyway.

If you want AbiWord 2.4 to be released sometime in
2008, please ignore my advice. Pango's goals are and
Pango's reality are two entirely different things.

Best,
Dom

--- Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger@gmail.com>

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=6821924&forum_id=36054