Re: pango

From: Theppitak Karoonboonyanan <theppitak_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Mar 20 2005 - 04:28:35 CET

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:03:28 -0800 (PST), Dom Lachowicz
<domlachowicz@yahoo.com> wrote:
> If you want AbiWord 2.4 to be released sometime in
> 2008, please ignore my advice. Pango's goals are and
> Pango's reality are two entirely different things.

So, is there a plan for better Unicode text rendering
in AbiWord? Would you mind educating me what
Pango is lacking?

In fact, the mentioning of Pango support in 2.4 feature list
should have been really good news for complex text users.
Although I know that's never a promise, as a user with some
programming capability and is willing to contribute, I'd like
to learn what I can help to improve support for my language
(i.e. Thai).

Regards,
-Thep.