Re: glade patch, minor mnemonics, accessibility tweaks

From: Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere_at_teaser.fr>
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 18:09:38 CET

Robert Staudinger wrote:

> I was rather thinking of doing localisation at runtime when loading
> the .glade file. I seem to recall reading about hooks in the libglade
> api doc but i might be wrong or it might be a bad idea for other
> reasons (complexity ...)

I'd rather have localization in XP code. I have an ongoing work on my
laptop to do that. The idea is that the XP code does the localization,
using my new dialog framework[1].
I'll try to find time to work on that soon.

>>Note tha XAP_Widget implement mechanism to set the label for translation...
>

> I must admit that while this is a great concept i'm not 100% sure if
> it works very well for abi's development style. Platform hackers are
> usually not in sync at all. Also when hacking on the tabs dialog (gtk)
> recently i tried to make it HIG compliant, which renders it a bit
> different than the other platforms. Therefore i'm afraid that an xp
> l10n could only be established at the cost of significant flexibility
> to have different dialogs on our platforms.

The idea is to have more things in XP land and have platform hackers
less work to do.
HIG are pretty similar on all platform so that this can be achieved but
a few corner case we can have hooks for.

I'm open to any suggestion.

Hub

[1] Mental note: document this in the apropriate document.