Re: performance Issues.

From: Randy Kramer <rhkramer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 23 2005 - 18:32:14 CET

On Tuesday 22 March 2005 05:21 pm, Alan Horkan wrote:
> I'm still annoyed that TWiki forces me to learn another syntax when I was
> quite happy using HTML syntax, it should at least be an option. :(

It is an option. You can use HTML on TWiki, and, AFAIK, most tags are
recognized. (The newer versions of TWiki have migrated to XHTML, so perhaps
(on them) some "old" HTML might not be handled properly. Also, at some point
in time, I would expect some of the script type tags to be filtered.)

If I were to comment on a page with HTML markup, I would almost certainly use
TWiki markup--they can be (almost) freely intermixed. (By almost I'm trying
to imply that there may be some problems with nesting, or opening a tag with
HTML and closing it with TWiki markup, although I really don't know.)

regards,
Randy Kramer

PS: CC'ing to the list to make everyone aware