Re: Improving the documentation aesthetics

From: Alan Horkan <horkana_at_maths.tcd.ie>
Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 16:41:46 CEST

> - Is it desirable to ship just the one platform's images, or should

I'd go with the GTK platform images.

In case it wasn't already obvious I actively discourage the kind of
platform specific suggestions that have come up in this thread. There is
nothing wrong with the ideas themselves but in a larger context I think
other things need to be considered.

I'm not the most ardent supporter of Free Software but I still think we
should keep in mind that Microsoft Windows is not a viable platform in
long term. I sincerely we should be at least on some level encouraging
users to switch to platforms like Linux or BSD especially given how much
easier it is to maintain and improve that version of Abiword as part of a
greater infrastructure of Free Software.

I'm not saying it should be top of the list of priorities but
I think at some point it should be spelled out and made clear that it is
one of the goals of the project.

Must be Easter has gotten me all philisophical.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Inkscape http://inkscape.org
Abiword http://www.abisource.com