Re: OpenDocument commit - Image Wrapping support

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Sep 10 2005 - 11:34:18 CEST

On 9/5/05, Daniel d'Andrada Tenório de Carvalho
<daniel.carvalho@indt.org.br> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I have just commited a patch adding support for image wrapping (on the
> import filter).
>
> One thing that is not well is the in-line mode (no wrapping).
> OpenDocument uses frames even for images without wrapping but AbiWord
> uses an <image> tag inlined.
>
> The correct conversion of this feature would require a LOT of effort (if
> feasible at all) and is the least important one (in my opinion).
>
> One "easy" way of doing this, though, is to allow AbiWord to use framed
> images without any wrapping.

Could you please be a bit more specific?
I tested with "image-wrapping.odt" from our testsuite (
http://www.abisource.com/~uwog/abiword/odt-testsuite.tar.gz ) and the
"non-wrapped" image is inserted without a frame. Just the position
doesn't match the original document.

Best,
Rob