Re: new fp_EmbedRun methods need implementing

From: Tomas Frydrych <tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat Sep 17 2005 - 08:40:20 CEST

Hi Martin,

msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:
>>Hi Martin,
>>
>>In order to maintain wysiwyg layout on win32, we have to force all
>>text-based runs to remeasure their width and height and to rebuild
>>layout when the user changes the currently selected printer. For this to
>>work with embeded equations, fp_EmbedRun needs to provide implementation
>>of _recalcWidth() and updateVerticalMetric(). The former should need no
>>comments, the latter method needs to set m_iAscent, m_iDescent and
>>m_iHeight to the correct values.
>>
>>I think this should be fairly straightforward for someone familiar with
>>the fp_EmbedRun code, and needs to be done before 2.4 release.
>>

> Hi Tomas,
> I think both these can be implemented with a call to
> bool fp_EmbedRun::_updatePropValuesIfNeeded(void)
>
> ie
> fp_EmbedRun::_recalcWidth()
> {
> _updatePropValuesIfNeeded();
> }
>
> fp_EmbedRun::updateVerticalMetric()
> {
> _updatePropValuesIfNeeded();
> }
>
> Could you check that this does what you want?

I had a look at _updatePropValuesIfNeeded() and I do not think that is
what I am looking for. What is needed is to call _lookupProperties() on
fp_Embed run end of things, since that sets all the relevant metric
info. However, for that to make any difference I first have to force the
associated embedded view to redo its layout so that the new font metrics
would be reflected in it, and I do not know how to do that.

Tomas