RE: commit: Fix rounding errors when printing on gnome.

From: Leonard Rosenthol <leonardr_at_lazerware.com>
Date: Sun Sep 18 2005 - 17:10:42 CEST

> We already import the text from PDFs via poppler (ala
> what pdf2text does),

        Oh, didn't know you had already updated to use Poppler in the plugin
- excellent!

> but just because Cairo's a match
> for PDF's drawing model, doesn't mean that it has any
> relationship to AbiWord's document model.

        True...but it will help.

> That is, if we don't grok (or at least can't
> reconstruct) paragraphs, sections, and the like, then
> we can't import the document as anything more
> semantically interesting than an image.

        Correct - but that's a start.

        There is also been discussion in Poppler about bringing over some of
the PDF->HTML work based on Xpdf so that you would get more interesting
stuff in the future.

Leonard