ATTN: AbiWord 2.3.99 Released!

From: J.M. Maurer <uwog_at_uwog.net>
Date: Mon Sep 19 2005 - 12:50:15 CEST

AbiWord v2.3.99 "Great Work Everyone!" Released

The AbiWord team is happy to announce AbiWord v2.3.99 for your
stress-testing pleasure. This is the last development release before the
long awaited 2.4 release. We'd like to thank everyone who has helped us
over the past year to get AbiWord to where it is today. Thank you
translators, bug reporters, packagers, developers, quality assurance
people and all the other contributors, we love you!

Since the previous release, equation support has become available for
Windows 95,98 and ME based systems as well. We are aware of a bug that
prevents equations from being printed on Windows systems. This problem
will be fixed in the upcoming 2.4 release.

Note: While standard symbol fonts can be used to render equations, the
best results are achieved when the Computer Modern fonts are installed.
Also note that equation input and rendering are still considered to be
experimental. We welcome your feedback on this new feature.

AbiWord v2.3.x is parallel installable with AbiWord v2.2 so users can
try it out without disturbing their stable AbiWord 2.2 version. Binaries
for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux (installer that works on all common
distributions) are available.

We are very much interested in any bug you may find. Please report these
to http://bugzilla.abisource.com/.

While we encourage people to try out this new snapshot, please be aware
that is a development snapshot and is not expected to be stable in any
sort of way (but it should be, as this is the final development
release).

Availability: http://www.abisource.com/download/development.phtml.

More information: http://www.abisource.com/.

Enjoy!