Re: ATTN: Getting close to 2.4

From: Tomas Frydrych <tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon Sep 26 2005 - 08:39:45 CEST

J.M. Maurer wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> CVS HEAD has reached a point where we are very close to 2.4. At the
> moment, there is only 1 blocker left (6616). The plan is that when that
> bug is fixed, we'll release 2.4.0.

What is the estimated timeframe for fixing 6616? It would be great if
bidi and shaping worked on Mac for 2.4, but considering it never really
worked before, this might take a fair amount of work to get right. My
feeling is that if we are talking more than a week, we should release
next weekend and leave this for 2.4.1, which will undoubtedly follow
fairly soon. I would like to hear both Hub's and fjf's views on this.

Tomas