Re: Google Summer of Code ideas

From: Dom Lachowicz <domlachowicz_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Apr 21 2006 - 14:44:37 CEST

Hi Martin,

Those are good ideas to put up on a developers
Wiki/page. Nice little projects to get people started
on hacking Abi.

A few other suggestions:

1) Implement a C API for some of AbiWord's more
interesting internals.
1.1) Use SWIG + that C API to generate language
bindings (Python, Perl, etc.)

2) Perhaps use 1/1.1 (or a custom plugin) to integrate
Abi with DBUS. A first attempt might be to export all
of Abi's EV_EditMethods over DBUS via a plugin.

Best,
Dom