Nightly Builds for Win32 - Stable Tree

From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
Date: Mon Apr 24 2006 - 07:21:31 CEST

  Hello everyone! Just letting you know that the last few weeks of work
that I have done on a VM courtesy of Marc have come to a successful
result: we now have nightly (well, noon WEDT, evening here in the USA)
builds of the stable tree on Win32, including all plugins. The builds
are uploaded to http://www.cleardefinition.com/oss/abi/ as soon as they
are completed - there you can see the last time of build, as well as the
files that completed building. A non-broken build will show up as:
*Build Status*

Mon Apr 24 05:58:52 WEDT 2006
abiword-plugins-impexp-2.4.5.exe
abiword-plugins-tools-2.4.5.exe
abiword-setup-2.4.5.exe

or similar: the time will actually be 12:07. This was a manual run of
the scheduled build... Any build errors will result in one of those
files not appearing: the logs are uploaded so that the source of the
problem can be found.

Note that the builds are listed as 2.4.5 - I don't have a simple way to
script this offhand, may be a future advancement/development. For
diagnostic purposes. all builds from this machine will have a special
splash screen (shown on the web site) to distinguish them from the
official builds. They are created with slightly different (simplified)
dependencies as compared to the official 2.4.x release builds (I will
continue building those on my existing build environment) but otherwise
should be roughly the same, just up to date. I hope to get a build
environment for 2.5.x set up on the same machine: I will set it up so
that both builds can run by copying in the appropriate build environment
into the standard location immediately before the build. This first
requires that I get accurate instructions created for a 2.5 windows
build though, which will take a little longer.

Until then, enjoy the bug-testing capability provided by these builds!

Ryan

--
Ryan Pavlik
AbiWord Win32 Platform Maintainer