Re: Collaboration with AbiWord on Dashbaord/Beagle?

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Mon Apr 24 2006 - 03:08:05 CEST

On Sat, 2006-04-22 at 17:29 +0200, Petr Tomasek wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 12:27:35AM +1000, msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone,
> > I've been lurking on this list for while. I would like to
> > present the following project as possible collaboration
> > between the Abiword, Beagle and Dashboard projects for
> > Google's Summer Of Code.
> >

> Hmm.. I tried to find working version of dashboard, but all I found
> was outdated homepage. Is this project been working on at all?

Now that FC5 ships mono I tried to compile dashboard from CVS but I got
this..

 #../engine/gnome.cs
warning CS8029: Compatibility: Use -debug option instead of -g or
--debug
warning CS8029: Compatibility: Use -lib:ARG instead of --L arg
./BeagleBackend.cs(66,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name
`GnomeFu' does not exist in the namespace `Beagle.Util'. Are you missing
an assembly reference?
./BeagleBackend.cs(94,4): warning CS0162: Unreachable code detected
Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 3 warnings
make[1]: *** [BeagleBackend.dll] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/msevior/abidir/gnome-cvs/dashboard/backends'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

There are a few noises around the Beagle project that imply they would
like to get dashboard going again. I guess we can help by pointing out
compile errors on the dashboard <dashboard-hackers@gnome.org> mailing
list.

cheers

Martin